What are Inkedibles Chocolate Transfer Sheets? How best to use them?
Inkedibles Chocolate Transfer Sheets come in various sizes:
- Full sheet size (8.5 x 11 inches, or letter size)
- Pre-cut size for Inkedibles Magnetic Chocolate Molds (11 x 5 inch, also referred to as “standard size”)
- Pre-cut size for Inkedibles Magnetic Chocolate Molds (11 x 7 inch, also referred to as “standard size”)
Inkedibles Chocolate Transfer Sheets have an edible top layer which is made from cacao butter
. Many Inkedibles customers are professional chocolatiers, and prefer Inkedibles Transfer Sheets as they provide for a glossy finish due to the specialized cacao layer which is not present in some other brands of transfer sheets. As a result of this specialized later, the image that transfers to the chocolate gets a superb glossy finish. Another benefit of using Inkedibles Chocolate Transfer Sheets is that they are GMO free!
The quality of the decorated chocolate is also affected by the technique that is used.
In order to make sure that you get the most optimal results it is recommended that:
- After printing, the sheets are allowed sufficient time to dry (at least 15-30 minutes).
- The sheets are placed on a table top with a temperature around 25 degrees C ( 77 degrees F)
- First, apply a thin film of white chocolate* on the printed sheet. The chocolate you use has to have a temperature that is not less than 31 degrees C (88 degrees F). The higher the temperature of the chocolate that is applied, the better the result. This allows the printed image (Edible Ink) to transfer and adhere best to the white chocolate layer.
- While the printing is allowed to apply to the chocolate layer, it is best to have the sheets placed in a cool environment (between 5-10 degrees Celcius is best, or 40-50 degrees Fahrenheit). Depending on the density of the printed area and colors used, the sheets should be left to cool for at least 30 minutes. Using dark colors like black or purple require a longer time to adequately transfer to the chocolate.
- Once you remove the sheets from the cold environment, inspect the sheet visually to ensure that the sheet is flat and that there are no bubbles. Now you can remove the plastic sheet and the image will have transferred to the chocolate.
* White chocolate is best because it will show the bright/vivid colors of your edible prints. If you want to make dark chocolate, you will need to either apply the layer of dark chocolate on top of your white chocolate (such that the edible print adheres to white chocolate, and then you put an extra layer of dark chocolate on top of the white chocolate, or you need to coat the edible prints with Inkedibles “Choco-Cote” before applying the dark chocolate).
When using the “pre-cut” sheets together with the Magnetic Chocolate Molds, first place the sheet in the mold, then pour in your chocolate with a min. temperature of 31 degrees C (88 degrees F). If you’re adding other fillers like nuts/pralines etc. add them now. Let the mold including the chocolate and filler cool, and after opening the mold the chocolates will come out smoothly.