INKEDIBLES® CHOCOLATE TRANSFER
PRINTABLE VS. PRE-PRINTED
The pictures and words on a printable
chocolate transfer sheet are made by using an inkjet printer and cartridges filled with edible ink. After the melted chocolate is applied to the transfer sheet and cools, the ink image (in reverse) will show on the chocolate. This is edible ink on chocolate. Edible ink is a water and alcohol based liquid.
- flexibility to easily create custom designs in moments with the accuracy of a printed picture
- very low costs
- very little preparation
- the image is not as thick, opaque or shiny as pre-printed images
The pictures and words on a pre-printed
chocolate transfer sheet are made by using a method of screen printing with colored cocoa butter or another semi-solid fat or titanium dioxide based coloring. After the melted chocolate is applied to the transfer sheet and cools, the pre-printed image (in reverse) will show on the chocolate. This is semi-solid fat or titanium dioxide on chocolate which is much thicker than edible ink.
- a very large amount set up and production time because the image must be broken down into colors and then each color must be applied alone as a separate layer with drying time between the layers
- images and colors cannot be as detailed or precise as with inkjet printed images due to the limited amount of detail that can be created with the screen printing process
- more costly due to set up costs and large minimum order quantities